Braised Chicken with Plums and Lemons
|Chicken breast halves||4 , skinned|
|Unsalted chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Red plums||4 , blanched in the stock for one minute, peeled skins reserved, cut in half and pits removed|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Chopped shallots||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon slices||8 (Paper Thin)|
1) Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2) Take a saucepan and cook the plum skins in the chicken stock over medium heat until the liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup.
3) Return it back to the pan after straining the stock.
4) Add in the plum halves and sugar after reducing the heat to low.
5) Allow the mixture to boil for one minute, and then keep it aside after removing from the stove.
6) Take a heavy-bottomed ovenproof skillet and melt butter in it over medium heat.
7) Sauté the breasts in it lightly on one side for about two minutes.
8) Season the cooked side on tossing them over and add the shallots.
9) Place the plum halves between the breasts cut side down.
10) Pour in the stock, place two lemon slices on each breast and bake uncovered in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes until the chicken feels firm but soft to touch.
11) Take off the skillet from the oven and with a slotted spoon, place the plums and breasts on a warmed platter keeping the lemon slices back in the sauce.
12) Using a foil, cover the chicken and plums to keep them warm.
13) Boil the sauce for five to seven minutes over medium-high heat till it is reduced to about 1/4 cup.
14) Top the breasts with the lemon slices and arrange the plums around them.
15) Spoon over the sauce and serve warm.