Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Garlic and Carrots
|Chicken breast halves||7 Pound, skinned and boned (4 Pieces)|
|Virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||32 Clove (160 gm), peeled|
|Carrot||1 Large, cut into 12 strips 1/4 inch thick and 4 inches long|
|Fresh rosemary leaves||2 Tablespoon|
|Safflower oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Unsalted chicken stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Shallot||1 , finely chopped|
1) Take a heavy bottomed skillet and place it over low heat. Pour olive oil and heat.
2) Stir in garlic cloves and saute for about 20 minutes. Stir frequently.
3) Next, drizzle about 1/8 teaspoon of salt over garlic cloves and stir. Cook for additional 10 minutes, until the cloves are browned.
4) In the meantime, take a saucepan and boil water to blanch the carrot strips. Boil carrots for about 4 minutes, until they are soft and then put them aside.
5) Now, take a slotted spoon and lift the garlic cloves from the skillet. Place in a small bowl and set aside.
6) Place the chicken breasts on a chopping board with smooth side down. Using a sharp knife, make a horizontal slit along the thinner edge of each breast.
7) Sit the chicken breast all the way to the opposite side. Now, open both breasts to form two flaps that are joined at the center.
8) Take rosemary and 1/4 teaspoon of salt and drizzle over the breast flaps. Also, place 3 carrot strips on the larger flap evenly distributing garlic cloves in between.
9) Now fold both the flaps, and align their edges. Tightly press the edges to close the flaps.
10) Further, pour the safflower oil in the skillet and mix it with the oil already present there. Place the skillet on medium-high heat.
11) Once the oil is hot enough (not smoky) place the stuffed chicken breasts in the skillet. Saute the breasts for about 5 minutes and then flip over.
12) Now saute the other side and sprinkle 1/8 teaspoon of salt and some pepper. Brown the breast evenly. and saute for about 5-7 minutes, until firm.
13) Transfer the cooked breasts onto a warm platter.
14) To prepare the sauce, pour, wine, stock and shallot in the skillet and stir. This will also deglaze the skillet.
15) Simmer on low heat until the liquid is reduced to half. Stir occasionally.
16) Pour sauce over chicken breasts and serve immediately.