Stir Fried Chicken with Red Cabbage and Chilies
|Skinless boneless chicken breast halves||3⁄4 Pound, cut into 1/2 inch wide strips (3 Pieces)|
|Pitted and chopped prunes||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Dried red chili pepper/1 teaspoon crushed red pepper||2 Large, seeded and cut into very thin strips|
|Safflower oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh green beans||1⁄3 Pound (Thin)|
|Low sodium soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Red cabbage head||1 Small, deribbed and cut into 2 inch long strips|
|Scallions||1 , trimmed, halved lengthwise and cut into 2 inch long strips|
1) Take a large, shallow dish and combine the prunes, garlic, chilies or crushed red pepper, and 1/2 tablespoon of oil in it.
2) Stir in the chicken to this mixture and allow marinating for at least 30 minutes, tossing occasionally to coat the meat.
3) Meanwhile, in 2 cups of boiling water, blanch the green beans for one minute and place under cold running water to refresh.
4) Marinate the beans with soy sauce in a bowl and keep aside, turning occasionally to coat the beans.
5) Take a wok or large, heavy-bottomed skillet, heat it over high heat and add in an additional tablespoon of oil.
6) Sauté the cabbage in it with the salt for about three minutes until the cabbage droops.
7) Add in the marinated beans and half the scallions and stir fry for three minutes, stirring and tossing.
8) Into a large bowl, transfer the mixture from the wok or skillet and place the pan back to the heat.
9) Add in the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of oil and then the chicken and its marinade along with the remaining scallions immediately.
10) Stir and toss it for about four minutes after minimizing the heat to medium high until the chicken is cooked.
11) Finally mix in the cabbage mixture.
12) Serve immediately.