Savory Chicken Dinner
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken||4 Pound, cut in serving pieces|
|Fat||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), quartered|
|Uncooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||3 , quartered|
|Diced green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chili sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Stock||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Green beans||1 Pound, halved lengthwise|
|Uncooked peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) In a paper bag, combine together the salt, pepper and flour.
2) Add the chicken and shake properly in order to coat the chicken with the seasoned flour.
3) In a heavy Dutch oven, heat the fat and brown coated chicken.
4) Add the garlic and rice and cook for a few minutes, occasionally stirring. Except the peas and beans, add all remaining ingredients.
5) Cover the oven tightly and cook over low coals for some 30 minutes.
6) Add the peas and beans, cook till the vegetables are tendered.
7) Serve hot.
Calories 723 Calories from Fat 355
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g60.7%
Saturated Fat 11.4 g56.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 164.1 mg54.7%
Sodium 605.1 mg25.2%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g11.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.8%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 54 g107.3%
Vitamin A 16.4% Vitamin C 31.1%
Calcium 5.4% Iron 17.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet