Cerrine Of Spinach And Chicken
|Chicken breasts||8 Ounce, boned and skinned|
|Fresh white breadcrumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Spinach||1 Pound, washed (Fresh)|
|Finely chopped chervil||1 Tablespoon (Fresh)|
|Finely chopped chives||1 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped tarragon||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Heavy cream||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Finely chopped walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Cut the chicken neatly into small pieces.
2) Into a food processor, put the chicken pieces and 1 egg white and half of the breadcrumbs and blend properly till the ingredients have mixed well together.
3) Preheat oven to temperature of 325 degrees.
4) In a large saucepan, put the spinach and cover with a lid which is tight-fitting. Cook for about 3 minutes to till the spinach has just wilted.
5) Rinse the bowl of the food processor after removing the chicken from it.
6) Along with the herbs and the remaining egg whites and breadcrumbs, put the spinach into the food processor and blend till the mixture is smooth.
Season the chicken mixture blend it well with half of the cream.
7) To the spinach, add the nutmeg, walnuts and the remaining cream. Beat well.
With parchment paper, line a 1 quart load pan and lightly oil it with some vegetable oil.
8) Into the loaf pan, pour the chicken mix and evenly spread it.
9) Pour the spinach mixture over the chicken mix very carefully. Smooth the top.
With a slightly oiled aluminium foil, cover the pan and tightly and properly seal the edges.
10) In a roasting pan, stand the pan and pour enough warm water to come halfway up the sides.
11) Cook in preheated oven for about 60 minutes or till the preparation is firm.
12) In the refrigerator, put the terrine and allow it to chill for a minimum of 12 hours.
13) Serve at room temperature after lifting the terrine carefully out of the pan and peeling away the paper.