Chicken Liver Stir Fry
|Chicken livers||8 Ounce|
|Split blanched almonds||2 Ounce|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled|
|Snow peas||2 Ounce|
|Chinese napa cabbage||10|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Pick the chicken livers over and take out any areas which are discoloured or any bits of fat. Cut the chicken livers evenly into pieces.
2) Add the oil in a heated wok and when the oil is hot, reduce the heat and add the almonds. Stirring continuously, cook the almonds over gently flame till they have turned golden brown. Remove and drain almonds on a paper towel.
3) To the oil in the wok, add the garlic and cook for a minute or 2 to flavour the oil and take them out. Add the chicken livers and stirring frequently, cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Take the cooked chicken livers out and set them aside.
4) Add the snow peas to the pan and for a minute, stir-fry them.
5) Finely shred the Chinese, or Nappa, cabbage and add to the wok. Cook for 1 minute, remove the vegetables and set them aside.
6) With some water, soy sauce and broth, mix the cornstarch and pour the mixture into the wok. Bring to a boil and cook till the mix is clear and thick.
7) Put all the ingredients which have been set aside in the wok which has the sauce and reheat for about 30 seconds.
8) Serve immediately.