Pot Of Gold Chicken
|Canned yams||18 Ounce (1 Can, Small Yams)|
|Frozen peas||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Canned cling peach slices||29 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chicken pieces||6 (Serving Size)|
|Salad oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Coarsely chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated orange rind||2 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Thaw the peas and properly drain the yams.
2) Drain the peaches and reserve about 1 cup of syrup.
3) In a paper bag, put the flour, salt and pepper and properly shake the chicken in the mixture to coat the pieces. Reserve the remaining mixture.
4) In a large skillet, cook the chicken in oil till it has browned.
5) In a saucepan, put the reserved flour mixture and mustard and gradually blend in the syrup reserved after draining the peaches.
6) Add onion, orange rind and orange juice in the pan and heat, constantly stirring, till the mixture has thickened slightly.
7) Pour concoction over the chicken and over the skillet. Cook on low flame for 20 minutes.
8) Add the peaches, yam and peas and cover the skillet again. Cook over low flame for another 10 minutes.
9) Serve hot.