Crumb Fried Chicken
|Eggs||2 , mixed with a pinch of salt|
|Breadcrumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Lemon||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1) Preheat the oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) Joint the chicken by first cutting off the legs and bending them backward to break the joint. Cut in-between the joint to remove the legs completely.
3) With sharp poultry shears, cut down the breastbone to separate the two halves. Cut through the ribcage with the shears and use the notch in the shears to separate the wing joints from the backs.
4) Into 2 pieces each, cut the quarters and with a sharp knife, separate the drumstick from the thigh.
5) Neatly cut the breasts in half and leave some of the white meat attached to the wing joint. With the poultry shears, cut through the bones.
6) Mix together the Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs and ground ginger and coat the chicken with the crumbs after dipping it into the egg first.
7) In a large skillet, heat the oil and add butter to it. When the butter and oil are hot, add the chicken with skin side down first. Cook properly on both sides will the chicken is golden brown.
8) Move the cooked chicken to a baking tray with a slotted spoon and bake in preheated oven for about 20 to 30 minutes or till the juices run clear when tested with a knife.
9) Serve hot after garnishing with lemon wedges or slices or small bunches of parsley.
Calories 651 Calories from Fat 408
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g70.2%
Saturated Fat 15.7 g78.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 253.1 mg84.4%
Sodium 426.1 mg17.8%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.41 g1.6%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 53 g105.7%
Vitamin A 16.3% Vitamin C 8.8%
Calcium 16.8% Iron 14.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet