Chicken A La King
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sliced mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Half and half milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Diced pimiento||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced cooked chicken||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||2 , slightly beaten|
1) Take a blazer pan of the chafing dish and place over direct heat.
2) Heat butter in it.
3) Add the mushrooms to it and cook until soft for 5 minutes approximately.
4) Stir the flour in.
5) Add the stock along with half and half milk.
6) Put the blazer pan on top of hot water.
7) Cook while stirring continuously until the mixture becomes smooth and thick.
8) Add the chicken and pimiento to it.
9) Heat the contents of pan thoroughly.
10) Add a small amount of the hot sauce to the egg yolks. Stir it in.
11) Add it gradually to rest of the sauce by stirring until it becomes hot and smooth.
12) Serve as required.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2051 Calories from Fat 1068
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 121 g185.7%
Saturated Fat 64.2 g321.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1136.6 mg378.9%
Sodium 1740.9 mg72.5%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g17.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.2%
Sugars 7.5 g
Protein 180 g360.5%
Vitamin A 70.1% Vitamin C 33.8%
Calcium 53.2% Iron 52.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet