Chicken A La King
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sliced mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Half and half milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Diced pimiento||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced cooked chicken||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||2 , slightly beaten|
1) Take a blazer pan of the chafing dish and place over direct heat.
2) Heat butter in it.
3) Add the mushrooms to it and cook until soft for 5 minutes approximately.
4) Stir the flour in.
5) Add the stock along with half and half milk.
6) Put the blazer pan on top of hot water.
7) Cook while stirring continuously until the mixture becomes smooth and thick.
8) Add the chicken and pimiento to it.
9) Heat the contents of pan thoroughly.
10) Add a small amount of the hot sauce to the egg yolks. Stir it in.
11) Add it gradually to rest of the sauce by stirring until it becomes hot and smooth.
12) Serve as required.