Baked Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Tahini
|Chicken breast halves||1 Pound, skinned and boned (4 Pieces)|
|Sesame paste/2 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, pulverized with a mortar and pestle||2 Tablespoon (Tahini)|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Plain low fat yogurt||2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Safflower oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Shallot||1 , thinly sliced|
|Sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unsalted chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||2 Teaspoon, mixed with 1 tablespoon water|
|Tomato||1 , peeled, the outer flesh cut into strips|
1. Make a pocket in each breast half by slitting the breast horizontally along the thicker long edge, leaving1/2 inch on either ends and slicing horizontally to form a cavity bordered by ½ of uncut flesh on the opposite edge.
2. Make the tahini sauce- In a small mixing bowl combine the sesame paste or pulverized sesame seeds, parsley, garlic, lemon juice and cayenne pepper.
3. Into each breast pocket, spoon in 1/4 of the prepared tahini mixture.
4. Season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Keep aside.
5. In a plate, mix the bread crumbs and sesame seeds.
6. In a shallow dish beat the yogurt.
7. For breading the chicken breats, first dip them in the yogurt to coat well.
8. Further dredge the chicken pieces in sesame bread crumb mixture to coat each piece evenly on both sides. Transfer to a plate.
9. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
10. In a large heavy-bottomed skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat.
11. When the oil is hot but not smoking, arrange the crumbed chicken breasts in the skillet and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side until golden brown.
12. Transfer the skillet with the chicken pieces to the preheated oven and bake the breasts for 8 minutes.
13. Turn the pieces over and bake for another 7 minutes.
14. Transfer the chicken pieces from the skillet to a serving platter and keep them warm.
15. To make the sauce to coat the chicken, in a small saucepan heat ½ tablespoon oil over a medium flame.
16. Sauté the sliced shallot in the oil for 1 minute till soft.
17. Pour the sherry into the pan and reduce the liquid to about 1 tablespoon.
18. Add the stock to the reduced sherry mixture simmer the liquid for 5-10 minutes till reduced to half.
19. Stir in the cornstarch mixture simmer for 2 minutes, stirring continuously till the sauce is thick.
20. Add the tomato strips to the sauce and season to taste with salt and pepper.
21. Pour the hot sauce over the warm stuffed chicken breasts on the platter or arrange the breast on individual dinner plates and spoon the sauce to coat them.