Lattice Topped Chicken Bake
|Frozen mixed vegetables||16 Ounce (Such As Broccoli, Carrots And Cauliflower)|
|Chopped cooked chicken||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Canned chicken gravy||14 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||4 Ounce (1 Cup)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Refrigerated crescent rolls||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. In a saucepan of boiling salted water, blanch the frozen vegetables according to package directions.
3. Drain and refresh the vegetables.
4. Stir in remaining ingredients except crescent rolls.
5. Place the pan on a medium flame.
6. Stir over medium heat until the cheese melts and well heated.
7. Turn the mixture into a 9-inch square baking dish.
8. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the crescent dough.
9. Separate the dough into 2 rectangles.
10. Cut each rectangle lengthwise into 1-inch wide strips
11. Place the strips over the chicken mixture in lattice pattern.
12. Cut off the extra dough at the edges of the dish.
13. Place dish in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the pastry is golden brown.
14. Serve from the dish, straight out of the oven.