Stir Fried Minced Chicken On Lettuce Leaves
|Chicken breast meat||1 1⁄4 Pound, finely chopped|
|Dried chinese mushrooms||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Szechuan peppercorn/1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Iceberg lettuce head||2|
|Safflower oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped fresh ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Scallions||2 , finely chopped|
|Chopped water chestnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped bamboo shoots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Boiled ham||2 Ounce, finely chopped|
|Low sodium soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Dark sesame oil||2 Teaspoon|
1) In a bowl of hot water soak mushrooms for about 10 minutes. Stir, and let them be in water for another 20 minutes and then drain.
2) Remove the mushroom stems and discard. Thinly chop mushrooms.
3) Separate lettuce leaves and trim about 12 neat leaves of same size.
4) Take a clean mixing bowl and combine sherry and cornstarch. Blend in salt and chicken.
5) Mix well and marinate the mixture for about 15 minutes.
6) In the meantime, take a heavy bottomed skillet and place it over medium heat. Toast peppercorns for about 3-4 minutes, shake the pan continuously.
7) Next, take a large wok (or skillet) and place it over high heat.
8) Stir in 2 tablespoons of safflower oil and turn the pan around to coat the surface with oil. Stir in chicken and fry until done, or chicken is no longer pink.
9) Take out chicken and put aside.
10) Pour the remaining safflower oil in the wok and heat over high flame. Now, stir fry scallions, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, garlic, and ginger for about two minutes.
11) Next, stir in mushrooms, peppercorns, and ham and fry for a minute.
12) Put chicken and fry until well heated.
13) On a platter, arrange the lettuce leaves and put stir fried chicken over it.
14) Serve hot.
Calories 217 Calories from Fat 56
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.8%
Saturated Fat 0.86 g4.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 54.8 mg18.3%
Sodium 342.3 mg14.3%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.8%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 26 g52.4%
Vitamin A 10.3% Vitamin C 10.2%
Calcium 4.2% Iron 9.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet