Filbert Roast Chicken With Honey Glaze
|Chopped filberts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Herb seasoned stuffing mix||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken liver||1 , finely chopped|
|Melted butter/Melted margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Roasting chicken||5 Pound (1 Bird)|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated orange peel||1 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Green grapes||2 Tablespoon|
|Whole filberts||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to 400-degrees.
2) In a shallow baking pan, spread the chopped filberts and bake for about 10 to 15 minutes at 400-degrees, stirring occasionally.
3) Mix together the chopped filberts. stuffing mix, celery, chicken lover, water and butter. Toss the mixture lightly.
4) Stuff the cavity of chicken with the filbert mix and then tie the chicken legs and wings with strings in order to hold them close to the body.
5) In a shallow roasting pan, place the chicken on a rack and roast at 375-degrees for about 75 minutes.
6) Mix the honey, soy sauce, orange peel and orange juice together. Brush mixture on chicken.
7) Roast the chicken again for about 60 minutes, basting it frequently with the honey mixture.
8) Place the chicken on a platter. Garnish with whole filberts as well as clusters of green grapes.
9) Serve hot.