Chicken Divan Classic
|Broccoli bunch||4 Pound (2 Fresh Bunches)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Light cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooked chicken breasts||3 , sliced|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2) Cook the broccoli until tender in a salted, boiling water and drain.
3) In a saucepan, melt the butter and stir in the flour.
4) Mix in the chicken broth and cook with continuous stirring until thick.
5) Blend into the mixture, sherry, cream, salt and pepper.
6) Take a baking dish measuring 13 x 9 x 2-inch, place the broccoli in it and pour half of the sauce over it.
7) Introduce the chicken.
8) To the rest of the sauce, mix half of the Parmesan cheese and cover the chicken with this sauce.
9) Sprinkle the rest of the Parmesan cheese.
10) Bake the dish for 20 minutes at 350 degrees or until completely cooked.
11) Broil the chicken meal until it turns golden brown.
12) Serve with bread and salad.