|Chicken||3 1⁄2 Pound, cut into pieces|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned pineapple rings||16 Ounce, drained with juice reserved|
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Chicken broth||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Bouquet garni seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Dairy sour cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Set the oven to 350°.
2) Take a paper bag and put flour into it seasoned with salt and pepper.
3) First put half the chicken pieces into it and shake until well coated.
4) Repeat the same procedure for the remaining chicken pieces and save the excess flour.
5) Take a large skillet and melt butter in it.
6) Stir in the pineapple rings and fry over gentle heat, tossing carefully, until each side is golden brown.
7) Take off the rings from the skillet and drain and keep aside.
8) In the skillet, sauté the onion for 5 minutes over gentle heat until translucent and lightly colored.
9) Move the onion to one side and increase the heat a bit.
10) Add the coated chicken pieces to this and fry for about 5 minutes, tossing until browned on all sides.
11) Take a large casserole and transfer the chicken pieces and onion to it with a slotted spoon.
12) Make pineapple juice to 2 cups by pouring the chicken broth to it.
13) Add this to the casserole with the bouquet garni seasoning and salt and pepper.
14) Cover and cook the casserole in the oven for 30 minutes.
15) Take off from the oven and arrange the pineapple rings over the chicken.
16) Again cover and cook for a further 15 minutes till the chicken is tender (Take a fine skewer and pierce the meat in the thickest part so that the juices should run clear).
17) Minimize the oven temperature to 225°.
18) Take a serving platter and place the chicken pieces and pineapple rings on it and keep warm.
19) Use paper towel to blot the excess fat from the surface of the cooking liquid.
20) Take a saucepan and transfer the liquid to it and heat gently.
21) In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of the saved seasoned flour with the dairy sour cream till smooth.
22) Mix this into the hot cooking liquid in the pan and stir until it is thickened slightly, yet not allowing boiling.
23) Add more salt and pepper, if necessary.
24) Pour a little of the sauce over the chicken and the pineapple and serve with the left over sauce separately.
Calories 532 Calories from Fat 272
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.6%
Saturated Fat 9.5 g47.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 144.8 mg48.3%
Sodium 285.7 mg11.9%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.5%
Sugars 12.2 g
Protein 42 g83.6%
Vitamin A 6.8% Vitamin C 14.6%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 11.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet