Sesame Baked Chicken A L Orange
|Sesame seed||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange peel||1 , grated|
|Chicken||3 Pound, disjointed|
|Coffee creamer||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven 325 degrees.
2) In a paper bag, combine the sesame seed, ½ cup of flour, paprika, salt, pepper and grated peel.
3) Add chicken to the bag, 2 or 3 pieces at a time. Shake the bag to coat the chicken and reserve the remaining seasoned flour.
4) Put small amount of fat in a skillet and brown the chicken over low heat.
5) In a saucepan, combine the coffee creamer, 2 tablespoons of flour and the reserved seasoned flour together. Add water and orange juice and cook the mixture, stirring it constantly till it has thickened.
6) In a shallow casserole, place the chicken.
7) Pour all but about ¼ cup of fat from the skillet. Add the orange sauce and over low heat, cook and stir, loosening the browned bits, till mixture has thoroughly blended.
8) Pour sauce all over the chicken and cover the casserole. Place it in oven at bake for about 45 minutes at 325 degrees.
9) Remove the cover and bake for another 15 minutes or till the chicken is tendered.
10) Use orange slices for garnish.
11) Serve hot.
Calories 445 Calories from Fat 247
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.6%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 114 mg38%
Sodium 840.9 mg35%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.7%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 38 g75.4%
Vitamin A 10.8% Vitamin C 19.3%
Calcium 17.9% Iron 21.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet