|Walnuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sweet basil||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Seasoned salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chili sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Prepared horseradish||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Hot sauce||2 Drop|
|Cooked chicken||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), diced|
|Stuffed olives||3 Tablespoon, sliced|
1) Chop a few walnuts coarsely while retaining a few large pieces and halved walnuts for the garnish.
2) Take a skillet and melt the butter in it before adding sweet basil and ¼ teaspoon of seasoned salt.
3) Add the walnuts to the skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring continuously for 5 minutes or until the walnuts become toasted and crisp.
4) Cool the walnuts after removing from heat.
5) Take a bowl and mix the wine, mayonnaise, rest of the seasoned salt, onion powder, chili powder, horseradish and hot sauce.
6) Chill it in the refrigerator.
7) Cut the apple into thin slices after removing the core.
8) Retain 8-10 slices or the garnish and dice the rest tossing with the walnuts, olives and chicken.
9) Place the salad into serving glasses and pour the creamy cocktail sauce over it.
10) Garnish with a couple of apple slices and walnuts topped with a sprig of parsley.
11) Serve chilled.
Calories 204 Calories from Fat 158
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.4%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 26.6 mg8.9%
Sodium 313.9 mg13.1%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.93 g3.7%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 7 g13%
Vitamin A 1.7% Vitamin C 2.2%
Calcium 1.4% Iron 3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet