Pineapple Baked Chicken
|Poultry seasoning||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Soft bread crumbs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Flaked coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finley chopped|
|Drained crushed pineapple||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Crushed pineapple||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), drained|
|Orange peel||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Melted butter||6 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pineapple syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Bottled meat sauce||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to 375-degrees.
2) Rinse the chicken with cold water, drain and properly clean the inside and outside of the chicken. Rub cavity with salt and poultry seasoning.
3) In a bowl, combine the bread crumbs, coconut, celery, pineapple, orange peel and 2 tablespoons of butter. Mix and toss lightly to blend the ingredients.
4) Place mixture in the chicken’s cavity and truss. Brush the chicken with about 3 tablespoons of butter.
5) In a roasting pan, place the chicken on a rack and add water. Cover the pan and bake for about 60 minutes in 372-degree oven.
6) Combine the remaining butter with all the remaining ingredients.
7) Uncover the chicken and brush it with half of the orange mixture and bake for another 40 minutes, frequently brushing with the remaining orange mixture.
8) Garnish chicken with grape clusters and pineapple rings.
9) Serve hot.