One Pot Chicken Chasseur
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Button mushrooms/Chestnut mushrooms||200 Gram|
|Red wine||8 Fluid Ounce (225 Milliliter)|
|Tomato puree||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||18 Fluid Ounce (500 Milliliter)|
1) Season the chicken and keep aside.
2) In a large lidded casserole, add oil and heat up.
3) Place the chicken on hot oil for 5 minutes on each side until it turns golden brown. Transfer the chicken on a separate plate.
4) Add remaining part of butter in pan. Add onion to sauté for 5 minutes, until translucent.
5) Add garlic and sauté for a minute.
6) Add mushrooms and sauté for another 2 minutes.
7) Pour in wine and stir in tomato puree. Allow the liquid to bubble and reduce heat to simmer for another 5 minutes.
8) Sprinkle thyme and stir in stock into the pan.
9) Place the prepared chicken into the sauce, cover with the lid and simmer for another hour or so on low heat, until the chicken becomes soft and tender.
10) Carefully remove the chicken from pan and place in a warm condition.
11) Boil the sauce for another 10 minutes or until it looks like concentrate syrup.
12) Return the chicken legs into the sauce.
13) Serve warm with your choice of bread, rice or spaghetti.