Chicken Celery And Cider
|Celery stick||2 , sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Apple||1 , peeled, cored and sliced|
|Cider||1 Bottle (1 l)|
|Cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Wash and dry the chicken legs on kitchen paper.
2. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
3. In a large skillet, heat oil over a medium flame.
4. When hot, arrange the thighs, skin side down.
5. When browned turn and brown on the other side.
6. Add the onions, bay leaf and celery to the pan. Sauté with the chicken until onion is soft and light brown.
7. Add the apple slices and sauté till the apples soften.
8. Pour in the cider and boil rapidly.
9. Add sage and simmer the sauce for 5 minutes until the chicken is tender.
10. Just before serving, stir in the cream and reheat on a low flame, without boiling.
12. Arrange the pieces on a platter.
13. Ladle the sauce over the chicken.
14. Serve with rice or mashed potatoes and spinach.