Baked Chicken and Dressing
|Corn bread crumbs||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Melted margarine||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cooked hen||6 Pound, sliced|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Broth||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Combine together the corn bread crumbs, celery, onion, ½ teaspoon of salt, ½ teaspoon of pepper and ½ cup of margarine. Mix well.
3) Place mixture in a casserole and place hen on the top.
4) In a saucepan, mix all remaining margarine and flour. Add remaining salt, pepper to taste, broth and milk. Cook, stirring the mixture constantly, till it has thickened.
5) Pour the mixture over the hen.
6) Place casserole in the oven at bake for about 60 minutes at 350 degrees.
7) Serve hot.