Balsamic Orange Glazed Chicken Thighs
|Chicken thighs||6 (Bone in, skin on)|
|Ingredients for marinade:|
|White wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Ingredients for the glaze:|
|Roughly chopped shallots||3|
|Fresh orange||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Zest and juice)|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Orange marmalade||3 Tablespoon|
Method for marinating:
1) Whisk ingredients together. Place the chicken in a shallow glass dish, and pour the marinade over. Marinate for about and hour or overnight.
2) Roast the chicken for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Meanwhile make the glaze.
Method for glaze:
3) Caramelize the shallots in olive oil. Add a cup of orange juice and the rind. Let the orange juice reduce a little bit.
4) Add 1 cup balsamic vinegar and let it come to a boil. Reduce the heat and add the marmalade and honey.
5) Reduce down for about 15 minutes until syrupy. Add ½ cup more vinegar if you like more vinegar flavor.
6) When the chicken is done after the first 20 minutes, pour the glaze over the thighs and return the chicken to the oven for another 15-20 minutes.
7)Serve warm with a side of your choice and enjoy!