Orange Balsalmic Glazed Chicken Thighs is an amazing dish for your dinner. The chicken is nicely marinated in the white wine, orange juice, olive oil and herbs. Then roasted and glazed with the a wonderful sweet and tangy flavours of shallots, orange juice, balsamic vineger, orange marmalade and honey. Enjoy!!
6 (Bone in, skin on)
Ingredients for marinade:
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
Salt and pepper
Ingredients for the glaze:
Roughly chopped shallots
1 Cup (16 tbs) (Zest and juice)
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)
Method for marinating:
1) Whisk ingredients together. Place the chicken in a shallow glass dish, and pour the marinade over. Marinate for about and hour or overnight.
2) Roast the chicken for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Meanwhile make the glaze.
Method for glaze:
3) Caramelize the shallots in olive oil. Add a cup of orange juice and the rind. Let the orange juice reduce a little bit.
4) Add 1 cup balsamic vinegar and let it come to a boil. Reduce the heat and add the marmalade and honey.
5) Reduce down for about 15 minutes until syrupy. Add ½ cup more vinegar if you like more vinegar flavor.
6) When the chicken is done after the first 20 minutes, pour the glaze over the thighs and return the chicken to the oven for another 15-20 minutes.
7)Serve warm with a side of your choice and enjoy!
The holiday season is here and it’s the time for the roasts to be put out on the table! This recipe is a nice twist on the classic Roasted chicken A’la Orange. This roasted chicken thighs recipe will really get “under your skin!” The secret to this amazing roast chicken is the thick sweet-sour “citrus glaze” that Chef Ellie Espo prepares by reducing fresh orange pulp and juice, balsamic vinegar, shallots, marmalade and honey. It is a moist and flavorful chicken with a fabulous sauce that is good on just abo