A good, simple roasted chicken can be just what you're craving for dinner. Here's how to roast a chicken, from master chef Marc Bauer, who teaches at the famed French Culinary Institute in New York.
2 1⁄2 Pound
Salt & pepper
1. Remove innards. Wash the chicken.
2. Remove wishbone. Cut off the wing tips
3. Pre-heat the oven to 425° degrees.
4. Season well with salt and pepper, inside and out. Slide herbs in between the skin and the breast, and also the legs. Try not to rip the skin. Place butter under the skin with the same technique
5. Tie drumsticks together and pull string to the neck, tying between neck and breast for a snug knot.
6. In a shallow roasting pan, roast chicken for 45 minutes to an hour, depending on the size of the bird.
7. Carve and serve with sides of your choice.