Honey Nut Drumsticks
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (At Room Temperature)|
|Eggs||2 , lightly beaten|
|Chicken drumsticks||2 1⁄2 Pound (12 In Number)|
|Roasted salted peanuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Unseasoned bread crumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Packaged / Fresh)|
|Ground hot red pepper||2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
1. Combine the milk, eggs and honey in a small bowl; stir to dissolve the honey. Place the drumsticks in a shallow dish. Pour the mixture over the drumsticks. Refrigerate, covered, for 2 hours, turning the drumsticks frequently.
2. Chop the peanuts in an electric blender or food processor with on-and-off pulses, as fine as possible without turning the peanuts into peanut butter. (For a crunchier coating for the chicken, coarsely grind the peanuts.) Combine the peanuts, bread crumbs, salt and red pepper in a shallow dish.
3. Preheat the oven to moderate (350°).
4. Lift a drumstick from the milk bath; roll in the nut mixture, patting the nut mixture firmly onto the drumstick to coat it. Place the chicken in a large, shallow baking dish. Repeat the coating process with the remaining drumsticks, adding the drumsticks to the baking dish in single layer. Drizzle the chicken with the oil.
5. Bake the chicken in the preheated moderate oven (350°) for about 30 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink near the bone. Let the chicken cool slightly, then refrigerate if you are planning to serve the chicken later or the next day. Serve at room temperature.
Calories 247 Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.7%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g12.8%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 108.9 mg36.3%
Sodium 329.1 mg13.7%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.8%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 23 g45.6%
Vitamin A 7% Vitamin C 6%
Calcium 3.8% Iron 8.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet