Fried Chicken with Whole Baby Vegetables
|Tomato puree||1 Tablespoon|
|Ginger pulp||1 Teaspoon (Or Paste)|
|Garlic pulp||1 Teaspoon (Or Paste)|
|Chili powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Mango powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Boneless skinless chicken breasts||10 Ounce, cut into small cubes (300 Grams)|
|Corn oil||1⁄2 Pint (For Deep Frying, 300 Milliliter)|
|For fried vegetables|
|Corn oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Onion seeds||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Coriander seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed, in a pestle and mortar|
|Cumin seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black peppercorns||6 , crushed|
|Crushed red chilies||1 Teaspoon|
|Frozen green beans||4 Ounce, Defrosted (125 Grams)|
|Chopped fresh coriander||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon wedges||4 (To Garnish:)|
1. In a small bowl, mix together the tomato puree, ginger, garlic, chilli powder, mango powder, ground coriander, salt and cumin.
2. With your hands, rub the spice mixture on to the chicken pieces. Sprinkle with the cornflour and toss to coat thoroughly.
3. Heat the corn oil for deep-frying in a karahi or deep frying pan and fry the chicken pieces, a few at a time, for 7-10 minutes. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper. Set aside.
4. To cook the vegetables, heat 4 tablespoons of oil in a deep frying pan and fry the onion seeds, curry leaves, crushed coriander seeds, cumin seeds, black peppercorns and red chillies for about 1 minute, then add the baby courgettes, baby onions and green beans and stir-fry for 1 1/2-2 minutes until the baby onions have browned slightly.
5. Add the cooked chicken pieces, fresh coriander and cherry tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes until heated through. Serve garnished with lemon wedges and more fresh coriander, if wished.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1786 Calories from Fat 858
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 97 g149.7%
Saturated Fat 9 g44.8%
Trans Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 165.1 mg55%
Sodium 2616.4 mg109%
Total Carbohydrates 153 g51.1%
Dietary Fiber 46.2 g184.6%
Sugars 55.9 g
Protein 102 g203.7%
Vitamin A 318.2% Vitamin C 834.3%
Calcium 67.1% Iron 107%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet