|Ginger piece||1 Inch|
|Poppy seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon piece||1⁄2 Inch|
1. Wash and joint chicken.
2. Grate coconut. Make 3 extractions of coconut milk.
3. Chop onion. Grind to a fine paste the cumin, turmeric, ginger, garlic and poppy seeds.
4. Heat fat and fry chopped onion. Add chicken, ground spices, whole cinnamon, pepper and green chillies, pulp of the tomato and second and third extractions of coconut milk. Add salt.
5. Simmer till chicken is tender and gravy is thick. Add first extraction of coconut milk (thick).
6. Bring to boil, test for seasoning and remove.