Chicken And Couscous Parcels
|Couscous||2 Ounce (50 Gram / 1/3 Cup)|
|Olive oil||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Mushrooms||4 Ounce (115 Gram / 1 1/2 Cups)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Cooked chicken||4 Ounce, diced to make 1 cup|
|Walnuts||30 Milliliter, chopped (2 Tablespoon)|
|Raisins||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||60 Milliliter (4 Tablespoon)|
|Chopped fresh thyme||5 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Eggs||2 , hard boiled and peeled|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Self raising flour||14 Ounce (400 Gram / 3 1/2 Cups, Self Rising)|
|Natural yogurt||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter / 2/3 Cup, Plain)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter / 2/3 Cup)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , rind grated|
|Egg||1 Tablespoon (For Glazing)|
|For yogurt sauce|
|Natural yogurt||7 Fluid Ounce (200 Milliliter / Scant 1 Cup, Plain)|
|Chopped fresh mint||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Superfine caster sugar||2 1⁄2 Milliliter (1/2 Teaspoon)|
|Cayenne pepper||1 1⁄2 Milliliter (1/4 Teaspoon)|
|Celery salt||1 1⁄2 Milliliter (1/4 Teaspoon)|
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/ Gas 5. Place the couscous in a bowl and just cover with boiling water. Soak for 10 minutes, or until all the liquid has been absorbed.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onion and cook over a medium heat until soft but without letting it colour. Add the mushrooms and garlic, and cook until the juices begin to run. Increase the heat to evaporate the juices.
3. Transfer the mushroom and onion mixture to a large mixing bowl, add the chicken, walnuts, raisins, parsley, thyme and couscous, and stir well. Chop the eggs roughly and stir them into the mixture with seasoning to taste.
4. To make the pastry, sift the flour and 5ml/l tsp salt into a bowl. Make a well in the centre, add the egg, yogurt, olive oil and lemon rind, and mix together with a round-bladed knife.
5. On a floured surface, roll out the pastry to a 30cm/12in round. Pile the filling into the centre and bring the edges over to enclose the filling. Place seam side down on a baking sheet and gently flatten with your hand. Glaze with beaten egg and bake for 25 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, make the sauce. Mix together all the ingredients, adding milk or water if the mixture is too thick. Spoon a little sauce over each serving.