My wife and I always argue over this dish. She like it sweet pineapple taste (stir-fried). but I like mine (deep-fried) just like orange chicken...So I am going to make what she want. ( I have to! or she will make me sleep alone tonight.)
Chicken boneless skinless
3⁄4 Pound, chop (chop into 1/8 of an inch thick)
1 Teaspoon (Optional)
Canned pineapple chunks in juice
1 Can (10 oz)
1 Clove (5 gm), mince
Green bell pepper
1⁄2 Medium, dice
For the sauce
1. Cut the chicken into 1/8 of an inch thick pieces, set it aside
2. In a bowl combine chicken with sugar, soy sauce and cooking wine, marinate it for 15 minutes.
3. Mince the garlic and dice the green bell pepper, set aside.
4. In a bowl combine the pineapple juice from the can with vinegar, sugar, soy sauce and cornstarch, mix until the sugar is dissolved.
5. In a wok pour oil set the heat to 400 degree, stir fry the garlic until brown, add the chicken and stir fry for 5 minute or until done.
6. Once the chicken is done move it to one side of the wok and add the green bell pepper, stir for 1 minute and mix the chicken and add the pineapple chunks and the sauce, stir everything well and cook until the sauce is thickened.
7. Serve the pineapple chicken with steamed rice.