Pineapple Chicken - Stir Fried
|Chicken boneless skinless||3⁄4 Pound, chop (chop into 1/8 of an inch thick)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Cooking wine||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Canned pineapple chunks in juice||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), mince|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄2 Medium, dice|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|For the sauce|
1. Cut the chicken into 1/8 of an inch thick pieces, set it aside
2. In a bowl combine chicken with sugar, soy sauce and cooking wine, marinate it for 15 minutes.
3. Mince the garlic and dice the green bell pepper, set aside.
4. In a bowl combine the pineapple juice from the can with vinegar, sugar, soy sauce and cornstarch, mix until the sugar is dissolved.
5. In a wok pour oil set the heat to 400 degree, stir fry the garlic until brown, add the chicken and stir fry for 5 minute or until done.
6. Once the chicken is done move it to one side of the wok and add the green bell pepper, stir for 1 minute and mix the chicken and add the pineapple chunks and the sauce, stir everything well and cook until the sauce is thickened.
7. Serve the pineapple chicken with steamed rice.
Calories 295 Calories from Fat 120
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g20.8%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 79.4 mg26.5%
Sodium 388.9 mg16.2%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.2%
Sugars 12.4 g
Protein 25 g49.8%
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 38.7%
Calcium 2% Iron 6.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet