Chicken and Pumpkin
|Dried porcini||20 Gram|
|Chicken||5 Ounce, jointed|
|Lemon||1 , halved|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Pumpkin||10 Ounce, peeled, seeded and cut into 2cm cubes (300 Gram)|
|Chestnut mushrooms||8 Ounce, roughly chopped (200 Gram)|
|Double cream||300 Milliliter|
1. Soak porcini in 300 ml / 1/2 pt hot water for 30 mins. Skin chicken pieces and rub cut side of the lemon over them. Heat oil in a pan large enough to hold chicken in one layer. Add the chicken and brown on both sides. Transfer to a casserole.
2. Heat oven to 180C / 160C fan / gas 4. Melt the butter in a medium pan. When it stops foaming, add onion and 1 tsp salt, then saute until pale gold.
3. Meanwhile, remove the porcini from the water and rinse well. Pat dry and chop small. Strain the water through a sieve, stopping before the last spoonful.
4. Add porcini and pumpkin pieces to pan and saute for 5 mins. Add chestnut mushrooms, then cook for 5 mins more, stirring. Stir in the cream, 4-5 tbsp of the porcini water and seasoning. Simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 mins until reduced slightly, then pour over the chicken.
5. Cover, then cook in the oven for 30-40 mins, turning chicken once or twice.
Calories 594 Calories from Fat 496
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g85.3%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 39 mg13%
Sodium 29.8 mg1.2%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.8%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 12 g23.6%
Vitamin A 109% Vitamin C 35.3%
Calcium 3.9% Iron 7.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet