Chicken And Cashew Nut Stir-Fry
|Cashew nuts||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Skinless chicken breast fillet||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Groundnut oil||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), finely chopped|
|Chinese rice wine/Dry sherry||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Hoisin sauce||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Sesame oil||10 Milliliter (2 Teaspoon)|
|Spring onions||6 , cut into 1 inch lengths (Green Parts Only)|
1. Heat a wok until hot, add the cashew nuts and dry fry over a low to medium, heat for 1-2 minutes until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
2. Cut the red pepper in half and remove the core and seeds. Slice into thin strips. Cut the chicken fillet into thin finger-length strips.
3. Heat the wok again until hot, add the oil and swirl it around. Add the garlic and let it sizzle in the oil for a few seconds. Add the pepper and chicken and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
4. Add the rice wine or sherry and hoi-sin sauce. Continue to stir-fry until the chicken is tender and all the ingredients are evenly glazed.
5. Stir in the sesame oil, toasted cashew nuts and spring onion tips. Serve immediately.