Broiled Chicken Dinner
|Broilers||6 Pound (2 Of 3 Pound Each)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Grated cheddar cheese||3 Tablespoon|
|Sweet potatoes||6 Small, boiled and peeled|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Thin bacon slices||6|
1. Start oven or broiler, set at 400° F., or Moderately Hot. Grease the rack in the broiler pan.
2. Split the cleaned and dressed chicken, rinse and wipe dry. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and place, skin side down on the rack of the broiler.
3. Wash the eggplant, cut in 6 slices; sprinkle with salt and pepper; dip each piece in the beaten egg mixed with the water; roll in a mixture of the bread crumbs and grated cheese.
4. After chicken has broiled brown on 1 side or 15 or 20 minutes, turn the chicken, add the eggplant and sweet potatoes to the rack. Brush all with the melted butter or margarine and broil about 10 minutes, or until the eggplant and potatoes are browned. Brush with butter or margarine, turn the vegetables and continue broiling all about 15 minutes.
5. Place the tomatoes on the eggplant and bacon on the rack about 10 minutes before removing the chicken from the broiler; turn the tomatoes and bacon to brown both sides.
Calories 1337 Calories from Fat 791
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 88 g135.6%
Saturated Fat 31.4 g157.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 425.5 mg141.8%
Sodium 587.7 mg24.5%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.5%
Dietary Fiber 8.1 g32.4%
Sugars 11.1 g
Protein 92 g184.1%
Vitamin A 471.4% Vitamin C 46.3%
Calcium 18% Iron 32%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet