Jerked Chicken with Roasted Bananas
|Clear honey||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||5 Tablespoon|
|Dried chili flakes||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||1 Teaspoon|
|Boneless chicken breasts||4|
|Dried chili flakes/Toasted sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Mixed salad leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Such As Rocket / Mizuna)|
|Roasted tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Serving)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
1. Blend one peeled banana with the honey, molasses, garlic and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil.
2. Heat a dry pan until hot, add the chilli flakes, cumin and coriander and toast the spices for 30-60 seconds, shaking the pan frequently. They are ready when you first smell the aroma of the cumin and chilli. Add the spices and seasoning to the banana marinade and blend until smooth. Add extra oil if the marinade seems too thick.
3. Put the chicken breasts into a shallow dish, pour the marinade over them and coat well on both sides. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 2-6 hours.
4. Put the chicken breasts in a baking tin, skin side down, and coat well in the marinade. Roast in a preheated oven, 200°C (400°F), Gas Mark 6, for 10 minutes. Turn the chicken breasts over and brush with remaining marinade. Add the remaining bananas, halved lengthways and unpeeled, beside the chicken.
5. Sprinkle the bananas with the remaining oil and the chilli flakes or sesame seeds and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the bananas are soft. Serve the chicken thickly sliced, with the roasted bananas still in their skins.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2251 Calories from Fat 796
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 90 g138.4%
Saturated Fat 13.7 g68.3%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 399 mg133%
Sodium 1035 mg43.1%
Total Carbohydrates 197 g65.7%
Dietary Fiber 24.2 g96.9%
Sugars 113.5 g
Protein 172 g344.4%
Vitamin A 40.1% Vitamin C 186.8%
Calcium 25.3% Iron 55.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet