|Broiler chicken||3 Medium|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Minced shallot||1 Teaspoon|
|Minced parsley||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped green pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Mashed potatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Green peas||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Canned / Cooked)|
|Asparagus tips||1 Pound (Canned / Cooked)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (For Vegetables And Greasing Plank)|
1. Start oven, set at 350° F., or Moderate. Heat plank and grease it.
2. Rinse the cleaned and dressed chickens, wipe dry, and split them. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Cream the butter or margarine and mix thoroughly with the shallot, parsley, green pepper and lemon juice. Spread the chicken with half of this mixture.
4. Bake for 25 minutes, basting with the remaining butter mixture when turning the chicken.
5. Increase the oven heat to 500° F., or Very Hot.
6. Arrange the chicken, skin side up in the center of the plank. Arrange individual portions of the cooked peas and asparagus alternately around the chicken. Make a fluting of the mashed potatoes around the border of the plank by forcing the potatoes through a pastry bag or using 2 teaspoons. Brush the vegetables with melted butter. Place in the oven 10 minutes, or until the chicken is done and the vegetables are browned.
7. Garnish with water cress and serve at once.