|Chicken||2 1⁄2 Pound, cut into pieces (1.25 Kilogram)|
|Unsalted butter||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Corn oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 , sliced|
|Natural yogurt||6 Fluid Ounce (175 Milliliter)|
|Ginger pulp||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic pulp||1 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground almonds||3 Tablespoon|
|Red pepper||1 Large, cored, deseeded and roughly diced|
|Single cream||6 Fluid Ounce (175 Milliliter)|
|Coriander||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
1. Place the chicken pieces in a bowl.
2. Melt the butter with the oil in a haandi or heavy-based saucepan and fry the onions and bay leaf over a medium heat for about 2 minutes.
3. While the onions are cooking, beat the yogurt lightly and add the ginger, garlic, turmeric, chilli powder, ground cardamom, garam masala, salt and ground almonds. Pour the spice mixture on to the chicken and mix together.
4. Add the chicken mixture to the onions and stir to mix. Lower the heat, cover with a lid and cook for 12-15 minutes, stirring at least once.
5. Remove the lid and stir carefully. Add the diced red pepper, cream and fresh coriander. Serve directly from the haandi, if you like.