Chicken And Dumpling Soup
|For the chicken:|
|Chicken breasts||3 Pound|
|Yellow onion||1 , quartered|
|Carrots||2 , chop|
|Celery stalks||2 , chop|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Fresh cracked pepper||To Taste|
|For the soup:|
|Yellow onion||2 Large, dice|
|Celery stalks||6 , dice|
|Carrots||6 Medium, dice|
|Garlic cloves||3 , dice|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||96 Ounce|
|Unsalted butter||8 Ounce|
|Sweet peas||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Hominy||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Lea and perrins sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Sage||2 Tablespoon, chop|
|For the dumplings:|
|All purpose flour||1 Pound|
|Baking powder||3 Tablespoon|
|Fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon, chop|
|Fresh scallions||2 Tablespoon, chop|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. For the Chicken: In a pot of boiling water, add the chopped onions, celery and carrots and season with salt and pepper.
2. Then, add the chicken breasts to the water and poach on high heat until completely cooked.
3. Once cooked, chop the chicken breasts and set aside.
4. For the Soup: In a large pot on high heat heat, add olive oil and cook onions, celery, carrots and garlic until caramelized.
5. Add in the chopped chicken into the pot along with the chicken stock and bay leaves. Bring to a boil.
6. In a small pan, add flour and butter and whisk together to make a roux.
7. When the soup starts to boil, whisk in the roux to thicken the soup.
8. Once thick, add in sweat peas, hominy and simmer for 20 minutes on medium-low heat.
9. Finish with salt, pepper, tobasco,
9. For the Dumplings: In a bowl, add the flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, parsley, scallions and milk and mix lightly.
10. Drop 1 ounce portions of the dough from a spoon into the soup and simmer for 5 minutes on each side until cooked through.
11. Ladle into bowls, garnish with cilantro and serve.