Herbed Chicken With Garlicky Spinach is our Monday meal recipe that we cook with kids. The idea behind is to make Monday an eating right, family night where families take the time to cook and eat together for better nutrition and greater communication. Alex, Sophia and I strongly support this initiative because we know first hand the benefits that cooking & eating together as a family brings–lots of fun & memory making, a life-long skill for the kids, and healthier meals for all of us. Through this Herbed Chicken With Garlicky Spinach recipe learn how to involve your kids in preparing a healthy meal and bond while cooking and dinning together.
3 Clove (15 gm)
2 1⁄2 Tablespoon
Skinless boneless chicken breast
2 Clove (10 gm), minced
Extra virgin olive oil
9 Ounce (1 Bag)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR HERBED CHICKEN
1. Mix together all of the ingredients except the chicken.
2. Once they are blended together, add the chicken, making sure it’s well coated.
3. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to 1 hour. 4. When the chicken is done marinating, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
5. While the oven is preheating, in an oven-safe pan brown the chicken on both sides over medium-high heat–discard the remaining marinade.
6. When both sides of the chicken are browned, move the pan with the chicken to the oven to finish cooking (about 10 to 15 minutes).
INSTRUCTIONS FOR GARLICKY SPINACH
1. Heat the olive oil on medium-low in a large saute pan. Add the minced garlic.
2. When the garlic becomes fragrant, after about 30 seconds, add the entire bag of spinach.
3. With tongs, continually flip the spinach around until it starts to wilt.
4. When it has wilted by about half, it’s ready to serve.
This video is a creation of 2kidscooking. You can visit 2kidscooking for complete recipes, and more videos.
Make one day of the week where you involve the kids in cooking so that you ensure you have some activity done together! That’s what these mom and kids do on Monday! So for the Monday cooking they have in this video a herb chicken!