1. Preheat the grill.
2. In a bowl, place the chicken, and sprinkle pepper, salt, Italian seasoning onion powder and garlic powder.
3. Toss the chicken and mix with your hands, until it gets coated with seasoning.
4. In a Dutch oven, put in the oil and add in garlic, onion, salt and pepper, and stir well to mix.
5. Spread the onion mixture in the bottom and sprinkle Italian seasoning.
6. Lay the chicken over the onion mixture in a single layer and sprinkle with some more Italian seasoning.
7. Cover the Dutch oven with a lid and cook it in a closed grill for about an hour.
8. Drain the grease off from the chicken, and reserve the onion and garlic.
9. Add in the barbecue sauce and break the chicken breast, shred and mix.
10. Cover and put it back on grill for 5 to 10 minutes.
11. Serve hot with fresh bread slices and baked beans or make sandwich by spreading the chicken on a bread slice,and top with other bread slice.
How about a delicious Dutch Oven BBQ Chicken for dinner? This recipe from Dave is not to be missed as the chicken looks absolutely mouth-watering and it’s so easy to make. Chicken is slow cooked in a Dutch oven using barbecue sauce so you get the best taste. He is using a mustard base barbecue sauce but you can use your own favorite or use a different one every time you make it.