Chicken Roasted Capsicum, Olive and Feta Pie
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Leek||1 Large, washed and sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Chicken breasts||1 Pound, diced (500 Gram)|
|Spinach||1 Bunch (100 gm), washed and blanched (English Variety)|
|Red capsicum||2 , roasted and diced|
|Black olives||2 Ounce, pitted and halved (60 Gram)|
|Feta cheese||7 Ounce, crumbled (200 Gram)|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Oregano||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Cream||2 Fluid Ounce (60 Milliliter)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Filo pastry sheets||16|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon (Extra)|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C / 350° F.
2. Heat one tablespoon oil In a large fry pan, add leek and garlic, and cook for five minutes or until soft. Set aside.
3. Heat extra oil, add chicken in batches, and cook for 6-8 minutes.
4. Drain spinach, squeeze out excess water, and chop roughly.
5. In a large bowl, combine chicken, spinach, capsicum (peppers), olives, feta, parsley, oregano, eggs, cream and pepper. Stir until well combined. Set aside.
6. Lightly grease a 23 x 23 cm / 9 x 9 in square baking dish. Combine the extra oil and butter.
7. Lay out sheets of filo, put two together, and brush with the oil mixture. Put another two on top, and brush again. Continue to repeat this until you have four double sheets. Line the baking dish with the filo, and trim around the edges. Fill with the chicken mixture. Brush the remaining sheets with oil (the same as before, using the same amount). Place the filo on top of the baking dish, tucking the edges inside the baking dish.
8. Brush the top with the oil mixture, sprinkle with sesame seeds, and bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes.