How to Make Classic BBQ Chicken
|Secret bbq sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whole chicken||1 Medium, cut into large pieces|
1. Preheat the grill at medium – high.
2. Place the chicken breast side up and remove the legs, cutting between the thigh and body.
3. Bend the thigh back and twist to break the hip joint and cut through the joint.
4. To separate the drumstick from the thigh, place the skin side down and cut through the joint.
5. To remove the wing pull away from the body and cut between the joint and breast, remove the wing tips, these can be frozen and used in a chicken stock.
6. Using kitchen shears cut the rib cage along one side from the tail end to the neck and then repeat on the other side and remove the backbone in one piece.
7. With the skin side down press the knife on the breast to remove and then trim away any fat.
8. Place the chicken on the grill and cook for 20 minutes, turning once.
9. Generously brush the chicken with BBQ sauce and continue cooking for 25 minutes.
10. Serve BBQ Chicken with BBQ Sauce and lemon wedges.
Calories 814 Calories from Fat 510
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g86.9%
Saturated Fat 16.2 g80.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 281.2 mg93.7%
Sodium 288.7 mg12%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.6%
Dietary Fiber 0 g0.02%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 70 g139.5%
Vitamin A 11.6% Vitamin C 10.9%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 18.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet