Low Calorie Chicken Paprika
|Broiler fryer chicken||2 , cut up (2 1/2- to 3-lb size)|
|Salt||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Yoghurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
1. Wash chicken well; drain on paper towels.
2. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons salt and 2 teaspoons paprika.
3. Arrange in broiler pan without rack; broil, about 6 inches from heat, 5 minutes on each side, or until nicely browned.
4. Place chicken and onion in large skillet with tight-fitting cover. Add 1 1/2 cups water; simmer, covered, 40 minutes, or until chicken is tender. Remove chicken to serving platter.
5. Stir yoghurt and rest of salt and paprika into liquid in skillet; heat slowly, stirring, until hot. Do not boil.
6. Pour over chicken. Serve sprinkled with parsley.