Haandi Chicken with Pineapple Chunks
|Cashew nuts||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Canned pineapple chunks in juice||8 Ounce (1 Can / 227 Grams)|
|Skinless boneless chicken||1 Pound, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes (500 Gram)|
|Ground coriander||1 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger puree/Pulp||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic puree/Pulp||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cardamom||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Coconut milk||6 Fluid Ounce (175 Milliliter)|
|Natural yogurt||2 Tablespoon|
|Corn oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 , finely chopped|
|Finely chopped fresh coriander||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh red chilies||2 , finely diced|
1. Reserve 6 of the cashew nuts and grind the rest in a spice grinder. Transfer to a mixing bowl. Dry roast the reserved cashews in a warmed frying pan for about 1 1/2 minutes, moving the cashews around the pan while roasting.
2. Drain the juice from the pineapple and then stir the pineapple juice into the ground cashews.
3. Reserve the pineapple chunks for the garnish. Add the chicken pieces, ground coriander, chilli powder, garam masala, ginger, garlic, salt, ground cardamom, coconut milk and yogurt and stir to mix.
4. Heat the oil in a haandi or a heavy-based saucepan and fry the onions until golden brown.
5. Throw in the curry leaves, then add the chicken mixture and stir-fry for 5-7 minutes. Lower the heat, cover, and cook for 10 minutes.
6. Remove the lid, add the finely chopped fresh coriander and red chillies and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Serve garnished with the roasted cashew nuts and chunks of pineapple.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2117 Calories from Fat 1248
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 145 g222.4%
Saturated Fat 50.9 g254.3%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 321.4 mg107.1%
Sodium 2600.3 mg108.3%
Total Carbohydrates 98 g32.6%
Dietary Fiber 17.7 g70.9%
Sugars 48.8 g
Protein 119 g237.1%
Vitamin A 81.4% Vitamin C 128.6%
Calcium 36% Iron 66.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet