Chicken with Lemon and Olives
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground hot red pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Fryer chicken||3 1⁄2 Pound, cut into 8 serving pieces (1 In Number)|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped to make 1/2 cup|
|Sweet red pepper||1 Medium, halved, cored and cut into 1/4-inch-wide strips|
|Dry white wine/Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Oil cured black olives||20 , pitted|
|Chopped flat leaf italian parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1. Remove just the outer yellow rind with a swivel-bladed vegetable peeler from half of the lemon. Coarsely chop the rind; reserve. Squeeze and measure out 2 tablespoons of juice from the lemon.
2. Place the rind and the juice in a 12 x 8-inch microwave-safe baking dish. Stir in the garlic, ginger, cumin, cinnamon, black pepper, red pepper and olive oil. Add the chicken, turning to coat well. Cover the dish and refrigerate overnight, turning the chicken once or twice.
3. Remove the chicken and set aside. Add the onion to the marinade and stir to mix. Cover the dish with wax paper. Microwave on Full Power for 3 minutes. Stir the sweet red pepper into the dish. Add the chicken pieces, arranging the meatier portions toward the outside of the dish. Pour the wine over all.
4. Cover the dish with wax paper. Microwave on Full Power for 15 to 17 minutes; rotate the dish after 10 minutes. Remove the chicken along with the sweet red pepper to a serving dish. Reserve the cooking liquid.
5. Stir together the water and the flour in a microwave-safe 2-cup glass measure until smooth; stir in the wine-cooking mixture. Microwave, uncovered, on Full Power for 1 minute to boiling. Sprinkle the olives and parsley over the chicken. Pour the gravy over all.