Baked Clams and Chicken
|Uncooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Boiling water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Frying chicken||3 Pound|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Margarine/Butter, shortening / oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , minced|
|Clams in shells||12|
1. Wash the rice and drop it into 3 cups of rapidly boiling water with 1/2 teaspoon salt; use the upper part of a 2-quart double boiler. Cook 10 minutes over direct heat, stirring constantly, then cook over simmering water 20 minutes; keep the pan covered during this period.
2. Cut the chicken into serving pieces and wipe them with a clean, damp cloth. Roll the chicken in flour to which the rest of the salt has been added and brown it in the fat or oil. Add the onion and garlic and 1 cup of water. Cover and simmer 1 hour.
3. Scrub the clams, rinse them and place on top of the chicken, cover tightly and cook
5 to 10 minutes, or until all the clams have opened.
4. Start oven, set at Moderate, 350° F. Rub a 2-quart or larger casserole with margarine.
5. Mix the saffron with the rice, which should be fluffy; turn the rice into the casserole. Remove clam shells and mix the clams and chicken through the rice. Pour the liquid in which the chicken cooked over the ingredients in the casserole and set the casserole in the oven.
6. Bake 15 or 20 minutes.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4462 Calories from Fat 2265
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 252 g387.3%
Saturated Fat 66.8 g333.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1102.1 mg367.4%
Sodium 3120.5 mg130%
Total Carbohydrates 222 g74%
Dietary Fiber 8.5 g33.8%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 309 g618.7%
Vitamin A 91.6% Vitamin C 112.3%
Calcium 43.2% Iron 297.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet