Easter Chicken Roast
|Whole chicken||1 , liver and kidney removed|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Vinegar||3⁄4 Tablespoon (1 Dessertspoon)|
|Oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (2 Dessertspoon)|
|Hot water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
1. Wash and dry chicken inside and out. Grind items 2 to 5 to a fine paste. Add salt and vinegar.
2. Rub well over the chicken. Marinate in a covered bowl for three hours.
3. Heat oil in a deep pan and brown the chicken over low heat, turning it over occasionally to ensure even cooking.
4. Pour hot water over the meat and cook till tender.
5. When tender, remove the meat from its gravy and set aside.
6. Cook the gravy until it thickens and the oil separates.
7. Drain the excess oil, return the chicken to the pan and cook over low heat until it is well coated with the gravy.