Country Captain Chicken
|Salad oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), halved|
|Onions||2 Medium, sliced|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Broiler fryer chicken||1 , cut into serving pieces|
|Curry powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1 , coarsely chopped|
|Canned tomatoes||29 Ounce (1 Can No 2 1/2)|
1. Heat salad oil in skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and cook until tender but not browned. Remove onion.
2. Combine flour, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper in a paper bag. Place chicken pieces in bag and shake well to coat chicken.
3. In hot oil fry chicken until golden brown on all sides. Return garlic and onions to pan. Add 2 teaspoons salt, curry powder, celery, green pepper and tomatoes.
4. Cover with vac-control valve closed. Lower heat and simmer 45 minutes or until chicken is tender.
5. Serve chicken with hot cooked rice.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4972 Calories from Fat 3075
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 343 g528.4%
Saturated Fat 70.9 g354.3%
Trans Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 1124.9 mg375%
Sodium 2602.4 mg108.4%
Total Carbohydrates 167 g55.7%
Dietary Fiber 33 g132.1%
Sugars 22.9 g
Protein 308 g615.5%
Vitamin A 176.6% Vitamin C 429.1%
Calcium 67.8% Iron 184.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet