Country Captain Chicken
|Salad oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), halved|
|Onions||2 Medium, sliced|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Broiler fryer chicken||1 , cut into serving pieces|
|Curry powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1 , coarsely chopped|
|Canned tomatoes||29 Ounce (1 Can No 2 1/2)|
1. Heat salad oil in skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and cook until tender but not browned. Remove onion.
2. Combine flour, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper in a paper bag. Place chicken pieces in bag and shake well to coat chicken.
3. In hot oil fry chicken until golden brown on all sides. Return garlic and onions to pan. Add 2 teaspoons salt, curry powder, celery, green pepper and tomatoes.
4. Cover with vac-control valve closed. Lower heat and simmer 45 minutes or until chicken is tender.
5. Serve chicken with hot cooked rice.