Apricot Lemon Molds
|Boiling water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon flavored gelatin||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Apricot nectar||12 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Grated lemon peel||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Confectionery sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1. In small bowl, pour boiling water over gelatin; stir to dissolve gelatin. Add apricot nectar and lemon peel; mix well.
2. Refrigerate until mixture is consistency of unbeaten egg white—about 40 minutes.
3. In small bowl of electric mixer, at high speed, beat egg white just until soft peaks form when beater is slowly raised.
4. With rubber scraper, fold gelatin mixture into egg white. Beat, at high speed, until light and fluffy.
5. Pour the egg-white mixture into 6 sherbet dishes. Refrigerate until firm—about 1 hour.
6. To serve: Beat heavy cream just until stiff. Fold in sugar and sherry, if desired. Garnish each serving with whipped cream and a pecan half.