Chicken Breast In Lime with Hot Ginger Dressing
|Boneless skinless chicken breast halves||16 Ounce (4 Pieces, 4 Ounce Each)|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated lime rind||1 Tablespoon|
|Reduced sodium soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Liquid red pepper seasoning||To Taste|
|Whole wheat flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Safflower oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Ginger dressing||2 Tablespoon (Hot)|
|Sliced mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped green onion||1 Tablespoon|
1. Place the chicken breasts in a shallow baking dish. Combine the lime juice and rind, the soy sauce and a few drops of the red-pepper seasoning in a cup, mixing well. Pour the marinade over the chicken; turn the chicken to coat well. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours.
2. Preheat the oven to moderate (350°).
3. Drain the marinade. Pat the chicken dry with paper toweling. Lightly dust the chicken with whole-wheat flour.
4. Heat the oil in a large skillet and add the chicken. Cook until the chicken is lightly browned on both sides.
5. Brush the browned chicken lightly with the Hot Ginger Dressing. Place the chicken in a shallow baking dish. Cover.
6. Bake the chicken in the preheated moderate oven (350°) for 10 minutes or until the chicken is tender. Remove the chicken to 4 warm serving plates and keep warm.
7. Add the mushrooms to the same skillet and brown slightly. Add the chicken broth and simmer for a few minutes or until the mushrooms are heated through. Stir in the chopped green onion. Pour the mushroom sauce over the chicken, dividing equally.
Calories 323 Calories from Fat 50
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.7%
Saturated Fat 0.96 g4.8%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 134 mg44.7%
Sodium 432.6 mg18%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.8%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8.1%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 55 g109.5%
Vitamin A 7.5% Vitamin C 31.2%
Calcium 4.8% Iron 13.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet