Chicken with Lemons and Olives
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon (2.5 Milliliter)|
|Ground turmeric||1⁄2 Teaspoon (2.5 Milliliter)|
|Chicken||3 1⁄2 Pound (1.5 Kilogram)|
|Olive oil||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Onion||1 Large, thinly sliced|
|Chicken stock||1 Pint (600 Milliliter Or 2.5 Cups)|
|Lemons/Limes||2 , cut into wedges|
|Pitted brown olives||3 Ounce (75 Gram Or 1/2 Cup)|
|Clear honey||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Coriander||60 Milliliter, chopped (4 Tablespoon)|
|Coriander sprigs||1 (For Garnish)|
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/ 375°F/Gas 5. Mix the ground cinnamon and turmeric in a bowl with a little salt and pepper and rub all over the chicken skin to give an even coating.
2. Heat the oil in a large saute or shallow frying pan and fry the chicken on all sides until it turns golden. Transfer the chicken to an ovenproof dish.
3. Add the sliced onion to the pan and fry for 3 minutes. Stir in the grated ginger and the chicken stock and bring just to the boil. Pour over the chicken, cover with a lid and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
4. Remove the chicken from the oven and add the lemons or limes, brown olives and honey. Bake, uncovered, for a further 45 minutes until the chicken is tender.
5. Stir in the coriander and season to taste. Garnish with coriander sprigs and serve at once.