Quick Chicken and Spring Onion Stir Fry
|Small pasta twists||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Butter||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Diced garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger root||1 Teaspoon, shredded|
|Skinless boneless chicken||6 Ounce, cut into small pieces (175 Gram)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Large, cored, deseeded and thinly sliced|
|Red peppers||1⁄2 Large, cored, deseeded and thinly sliced|
|Water||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Spring onions||1 1⁄4 Bunch (125 gm), chopped (1 Large)|
|Finely chopped fresh coriander||1 Tablespoon (Plus Extra To Garnish)|
|Single cream||2 Tablespoon|
1. Cook the pasta in lightly salted boiling water according to the packet instructions until just tender. Set aside.
2. Heat the butter with the oil in a saucepan. Lower the heat and add the finely diced garlic, ginger and chicken pieces and stir-fry for about 2 minutes to seal the chicken.
3. Add the pepper, turmeric, salt, Worcestershire sauce, and green and red peppers and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Pour in the water, cover and cook over a low heat for 5 minutes. Add the spring onions, fresh coriander and cream and cook for a further 5 minutes.
5. Finally, add the cooked pasta and heat through. Serve immediately, garnished with fresh coriander.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1346 Calories from Fat 856
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 97 g149.3%
Saturated Fat 50.8 g254%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 321.7 mg107.2%
Sodium 2420.6 mg100.9%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g24.2%
Dietary Fiber 10.3 g41.3%
Sugars 13.2 g
Protein 50 g100%
Vitamin A 140.4% Vitamin C 319.8%
Calcium 25% Iron 49.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet