Quick Chicken And Spring Onion Stir Fry
|Small pasta twists||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Butter||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Diced garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger root||1 Teaspoon, shredded|
|Skinless boneless chicken||6 Ounce, cut into small pieces (175 Gram)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Large, cored, deseeded and thinly sliced|
|Red peppers||1⁄2 Large, cored, deseeded and thinly sliced|
|Water||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Spring onions||1 1⁄4 Bunch (125 gm), chopped (1 Large)|
|Finely chopped fresh coriander||1 Tablespoon (Plus Extra To Garnish)|
|Single cream||2 Tablespoon|
1. Cook the pasta in lightly salted boiling water according to the packet instructions until just tender. Set aside.
2. Heat the butter with the oil in a saucepan. Lower the heat and add the finely diced garlic, ginger and chicken pieces and stir-fry for about 2 minutes to seal the chicken.
3. Add the pepper, turmeric, salt, Worcestershire sauce, and green and red peppers and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Pour in the water, cover and cook over a low heat for 5 minutes. Add the spring onions, fresh coriander and cream and cook for a further 5 minutes.
5. Finally, add the cooked pasta and heat through. Serve immediately, garnished with fresh coriander.