Stuffed Cornish Hens
|Chopped celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Low sodium corn oil/Margarine||7 Tablespoon|
|Ground sage||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Fine dry low sodium bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped unsalted walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Low sodium low fat cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), cubed|
|Rock cornish hens||4|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Saute celery, green pepper, and onion in 3 tablespoons margarine until celery is tender.
3. Stir in sage, garlic, pepper, parsley, and bread crumbs. Remove from heat.
4. Add walnuts and cheese, and spoon mixture into cavities of Cornish hens.
5. Brush hens with remaining margarine that has been melted.
6. Bake breast side up in a shallow pan for 60 minutes. Baste occasionally with the melted margarine.
7. Remove skin and fat before eating.